Make a delicious Basil Pesto Dip that pairs perfectly with your favourite BAKERS Provita® Crispbread and is guaranteed to provide something tasty to snack on whether you’re at work or at home!
65 g (¼ pack) BAKERS Provita® Crispbread
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed (can substitute half of the basil leaves with baby spinach)
1/2 cup freshly grated Romano or Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Special Equipement Needed:
A food processor
- Place the basil leaves and pine nuts into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times.
- Add the garlic and Parmesan/Romano cheese and pulse several times more. Scrape down the sides of the food processor with a rubber spatula.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady small stream. Adding the olive oil slowly, while the processor is running, will help emulsify it and keep the olive oil from separating.
- Occasionally stop to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Stir in some salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve with BAKERS Provita® Crispbread for a healthy and tasty snack.