ANTIPASTI CHRISTMAS TREE
The ultimate holiday entertaining treat! With sun dried tomatoes, red bell peppers, chives and seasonings on the inside, the outside is as impressive with antipasto Christmas tree decorations! Best served with the crackers from the Bakers Snacktime® box
For the Tree/Dip:
4 cups cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup red bell peppers, diced
1/4 cup dill pickles, finely diced
1/4 cup chives, chopped
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Salt, to taste
For the decorations:
1 1/2 – 2 cups pitted mixed olives, dried with paper towel
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and dried with paper towel
Rosemary leaves/sprigs, to decorate
Bakers Snacktime® Crackers
- In a bowl combine all the ingredients for the dip and mix until the ingredients are well combined.
- Place a piece of non-stick plastic wrap on a clean bench top or work surface. Scoop the cream cheese mixture out onto the plastic wrap and completely cover with another piece of wrap (you may need two pieces to cover it).
- Use your hands to mould the cream cheese into a tree shape. Then, carefully pick up the tree with one hand and peel off the plastic wrap on the bottom of the tree with your other hand. Place the tree straight onto a serving plate.
- Use a cake spatula to smooth the edges. Decorate with olives, sun-dried tomatoes and rosemary leaves/sprigs, lightly pressing each element into the cream cheese to ensure they stay on. Brush with some sun-dried tomato oil from the jar (optional but adds even more flavour)!
- Serve with your Bakers Snacktime® crackers, along with rolls of salami and ham.