GINGER BANANA BREAD
Makes: 1 Loaf
Banana bread mix, spiced up with sprinkles of BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits. That just has to taste brilliant when it comes out the oven
30 g pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
100 g BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits, roughly crushed
280 g (500 ml) cake flour
7 ml baking powder
2 ml salt
1 ml ground ginger
2 ml ground cinnamon
30 g butter
4 ripe bananas, sliced
200 g (250 ml) white sugar
185 g butter, melted and cooled
2 large eggs
75 ml milk
5 ml vanilla essence
- Replace the pecan nuts with cashew nuts or walnuts.
- Replace the white sugar with caramel sugar.
- Replace BAKERS Ginger Nuts® with BAKERS Nutticrust® or BAKERS Eet-Sum-Mor®.
- Preheat oven to 165˚C Thermo-Fan and grease a 20 cm loaf pan.
- Mix the pecan nuts and BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits together and set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and spices together and set aside.
- In a frying pan, heat butter and fry bananas until golden.
- Using an electric beater, beat bananas, sugar, butter and eggs together until light and creamy.
- Add the milk and vanilla essence.
- Mix BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits and nuts together in a bowl and set aside.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture then fold through until the ingredients are just combined.
- Spoon half the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top using a spatula.
- Sprinkle half the BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuit mixture over the batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter into the pan and top with the remaining BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuit and nut mixture.
- Run a table knife through the centre of the batter, bake in preheated oven for 60 – 70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
Download Step by Step Instructions
No translation available at the moment