BAKERS GINGER NUT CHICKEN STRIPS
With the sweet comes the savoury. BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits and chicken are nicely balanced flavours and textures. Add a dash of this and that, and a daring dipping sauce, and you have a winning dish.
200 g BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits
200 g dried breadcrumbs
4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
200 g cake flour
3 eggs, beaten
salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
oil, to fry
3 limes, juiced and zested, additional lime wedges for serving
250 ml soy sauce
50 ml honey
1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
10 ml sesame seeds
25 ml sweet chilli sauce
10 ml corn flour mixed with a little water to form a paste
- Alternatively use calamari strips or beef strips.
- Use a sweet chilli sauce as an alternative to the soy dipping sauce.
- Crumb chicken strips ahead of time and refrigerate on the baking tray until ready to bake.
- Bake just before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- In a food processor, blend the BAKERS Ginger Nuts® until they are a fine crumb, add the breadcrumbs, season and set aside.
- Season the flour and set aside in a shallow bowl.
- Dust a tray with excess BAKERS Ginger Nuts®.
- Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt.
- Coat the chicken strips into the seasoned flour; dust off excess, then into the egg; allow excess to drip off and then into the BAKERS Ginger Nuts® crumb mixture. Set aside on the BAKERS Ginger Nuts® dusted tray, ready for baking, cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small pot, heat the dipping sauce ingredients and allow to simmer until the liquid starts to thicken slightly, adjust flavour if necessary.
- Remove from the heat. Pour into a serving bowl, allow to cool and serve.
- Bake the chicken strips for 10 – 12 minutes until the chicken is crispy and cooked through, serve with the dipping sauce and lime wedges.
Download Step by Step Instructions
No translation available at the moment