MARSHMALLOW MARIE WHIPS
Light and fluffy on top, nice and fruity underneath. A fun contrast of textures on a sweet, crispy BAKERS Blue Label® Marie biscuit base. Put those out at a play date, see how long they last.
Makes: 16 – 18
100 g sugar
1 egg white
45 ml water
Pinch of cream of tartar
2 ml vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
250 g frozen mixed berries
20 g sugar
40 ml water
1 Vanilla pod
1 stick of cinnamon
1 orange, zested for garnish
80 g white chocolate, grated
200 g BAKERS Blue Label® Marie biscuits
- Alternatively use freshly whipped cream to the marshmallow fluff for this dessert.
- Melt your favourite chocolate bar instead of using the berry compote for a chocolate extravaganza.
- Replace BAKERS Blue Label® Marie biscuits with Caramel flavoured BAKERS Blue Label® Marie or BAKERS Tennis® biscuits.
For the Berry Compote
- In a small pot, heat the frozen berries, water, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Allow sauce to thicken. Remove and set aside to cool. Remember as the sauce cools it will thicken.
For the marshmallow fluff
- In a large heatproof bowl, mix the sugar, egg white, water and cream of tartar ; place the bowl over a pot of boiling water; on a medium heat. Using an electric egg beater, whisk vigorously for 7-10 minutes or until the mixture forms soft peaks. Remove from heat and add the salt and essence. Set aside to cool.
- Fold half of the cooled compote through the fluff and set aside until ready to serve.
- Plate the BAKERS Blue Label® Marie, spread remaining compote over the Marie biscuits.
- Top with a spoonful of marshmallow fluff
- Serve garnished with orange zest and grated white chocolate .
Download Step by Step Instructions
No translation available at the moment