NUTTIKRUST AND MARMALADE CREAM CHEESE CAKE
BAKERS Nuttikrust® biscuits meets cheesecake, adding a delicious nutty texture to the absolutely gorgeous marmalade taste.
Makes 1 x 20 cm cake
200 g BAKERS Nuttikrust® biscuits
100 g flour
140 g butter, melted
250 g cream cheese, softened
80 ml marmalade
310 ml (170 g) cake flour
125 ml sugar
2 ml baking powder
2 ml bicarbonate of soda
2 ml salt
90 g butter
5 ml vanilla essence
30 ml lemon juice
60 ml milk
- Change the marmalade to another type of full fruit jam.
- Alternately use BAKERS Ginger Nuts® biscuits rather than BAKERS Nuttikrust® biscuits.
- Pre-heat oven to 150˚C.
- Grease a 20 cm round spring-form cake pan, set aside.
- For the streusel: in a food processor, blend the biscuits, flour and melted butter until the texture is a rough crumb.
- Altenatively crush the biscuits in a plastic bag using a rolling pin then mix in the flour and butter. Set aside.
- For the filling: Beat the cream cheese until it has softened. Stir in the egg and marmalade. Set aside.
- For the sponge: In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and add eggs, vanilla essence, lemon juice and milk. Whisk until light and fluffy.
- Pour the sponge batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Sprinkle half the streusel mixture ontop.
- Spoon the filling on top of the sponge batter, taking care not to let it touch the sides of the pan.
- Generously sprinkle the remaining streusel topping over the batter to the sides of the pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 75 – 80 minutes. When a skewer is inserted, it should be removed clean.
- Place the cake onto a cooling rack to cool slightly. Then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.
- Garnish the cake with orange zest and serve.
Download Step by Step Instructions
No translation available at the moment