Bakers Schools Tanzania Competition Terms and Conditions
- The Bakers® Schools Competition (Tanzania) (“Competition”) commences on 2 September 2019 and closes on 20 November 2019. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- No director, employee, agent or consultant of National Brands Limited, a subsidiary of AVI Limited, including their affiliates, partners, associations and agents (“Promoter”), or their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members, or the supplier of goods and services in connection with this Competition may participate in this Competition.
- The Competition is only open to a selected 80 (eighty) schools in the Republic of Tanzania. The selection of the schools is in the Promoter’s sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
- To a stand a chance to win each participating school must collect as many Bakers® packs as possible on average per learner during the period of the Competition.
- The participating schools are required to keep their Bakers® packs for verification. All packs collected will be verified by the Promoter’s agency in conjunction with the duly authorised school official and the final Bakers® pack count will be signed by both parties. The signed verification will constitute a legally binding document in this regard.
- The winners will be selected and verified within 4 (four) weeks or as soon as reasonably possible after the closing date of the Competition and will be contacted telephonically.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS & PRIZES
- At the end of the Competition all qualifying schools will be ranked according to the number of packs collected on average per student. The 2 (two) top schools will each win a photocopier machine for the school to the value of TZS4 500 000 (four million five hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings each. The 3rd top school will win 5 (five) school desks to the total value of TZS3 500 000 (three million five hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings. The 4th top school will win school books to the total value of TZS 1 995 000 (one million nine hundred and ninety-five thousand) Tanzanian Shillings. The 5th top school will win a computer for the school to the value of TZS1 500 000 (one million five hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings. The 6th top school will win the painting of 2 (two) classroom walls valued at a total of TZS2 600 000 (two million six hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings. The 7th to 10th top schools will each win 500 (five hundred) school exercise books valued at TZS750 000 (seven hundred and fifty thousand) Tanzanian Shillings per school. The 11th to 20th top schools will each win a school water reserve tank that hold 3000 (three thousand) litres valued at TZS600 000 (six hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings each. The 21st to 25th top schools will each win a school project to the value of TZS500 000 (five hundred) Tanzanian Shillings. The 26th to 30th top schools will each win 5 (five) Bakers branded school clocks valued at TZS30 000 (thirty thousand) Tanzanian Shillings each.
- There are also 60 (sixty) shopping vouchers worth TZS 100 000 (one hundred thousand) Tanzanian Shillings each redeemable at Game Mlimani City Shopping Mall in Dar es Salaam which will be awarded to 60 (sixty) champion teachers. The Promoter will select, in its sole discretion, 1 (one) champion teacher per participating school based on the teacher’s participation in supporting the Competition and the Bakers brand during the campaign. Champion teachers are those who go the extra mile to be ambassadors for the campaign at the school and the Bakers brand as a whole.
- The 21st to 25th top schools will be required to submit a project proposal for the school in line with the prize value won for consideration and approval by the Promoter. The project proposal must reach the Promoter no later than 4 (four) weeks post the announcement of the winning schools at the prize giving. All projects are at the Promoter’s sole discretion despite any project proposal being submitted. Failure to submit a project proposal will result in the Promoter, in its sole discretion, determining how the prize will be allocated for the school. Should the school neglect, fail or refuse to assist the Promoter in accepting and co-operating for delivery of the prize, the prize will be forfeited and another winner will be selected.
- The Promoter may require the winners to participate in a Bakers® Schools Competition publicity drive. If the winners agree thereto they will be required to sign an authority for filming and the use of images and their experience of the Bakers® Schools Competition as part of the publicity drive. Any such participation in the publicity drive and/or any marketing activity will be without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the winners. If the winners verbally agree, the winners will also be published on the Promoter’s website www.bakers.co.za.
- The winners will be selected and verified within 4 (four) weeks or as soon as reasonably possible after the closing date of the Competition and will be contacted telephonically. Participating schools will be advised of the date of the prize giving. Prizes will be presented to winning schools within 6 (six) to 8 (eight) weeks or as soon as reasonably possible after the prize giving or, in the case of the school project prize, of the date of approval of the project proposal (if applicable).
- In the event of an equality of entries, the names of the tied participants will be put into a draw. The school whose name is drawn will win the prize.
- The Promoter will not be liable for Bakers® packs that are lost or stolen.
- The prizes do not cover any other costs of the winner whatsoever.
- The prizes are not transferable to any third party and are not negotiable with the Promoter or any of its agents or any third party. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- The authorized representative of the winning school will be required to sign an acknowledgement of receipt of their prize, if applicable, and the authorized representative of the school will be required to furnish the Promoter with their names and identity numbers.
- Where the winners take part in the Promoter’s publicity campaigns, they will not be entitled to any remuneration for such participation and all materials arising from such participation will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- By entering, a participating school acknowledges that personal information about the participating school will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or if the winner fails to accept the prize after 3 (three) attempts for any reason whatsoever, if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize. In this instance the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Please note that the following terms require the participant or winner to limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions!
- The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend, suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the participants and winners indemnify, release and agree to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a participant or winner in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects in the prizes or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by the participants or winners.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- The Promoter is not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to this Competition that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Competition terms and conditions and entrants agree to abide by these terms and conditions.
- Tanzanian law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of the Republic of Tanzania shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- For more information or for a copy of these terms and conditions visit bakers.co.za, or call AVI International, Johannesburg on +27 11 707 7000.
- Bakers® are registered trademarks of National Brands Limited.