BUTTERMILK RUSK STUFFED CINNAMON ROLLS
Enjoy your favourite BAKERS® Good Morning™ Buttermilk Rusks in a totally new and delicious way with this recipe for Buttermilk Rusk Stuffed Cinnamon Rolls. Only one word can be used to describe it – YUM!
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup cream
1kg prepared bread dough
For the filling:
3/4 cup sugar brown sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
6 Bakers Good Morning™ Buttermilk Rusks, crushed
- Heat the sugar over a low heat until just beginning to melt before adding the butter to the pan. Bring the 2 to a gentle simmer to slowly begin melting together. Don’t stir the ingredients together but rather swirl the pan.
- Once almost all the sugar has melted add the cream and mix into the mixture, you can now stir to dissolve the last few bits of sugar forming a caramel.
- Grease a large muffin tray. Add about 3T of the caramel to each muffin compartment before crushing over a few rusks.
- For the filing: combine the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl along with the cinnamon. Mix until all the ingredients are combined to form a paste.
- Roll out the dough before spreading the paste over and sprinkling over the rusks. Roll up the dough to form a large sausage then cut it into 10 to 12 wheels. Add a wheel to each muffin Tim compartment before adding to an oven preheated to 180C to bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until the dough is cooked through.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cook slightly before turning out and serving.
No translation available at the moment