CHOCOLATE WAFFLES WITH BAKERS CHOC-KITS®
Get your day off to a chocolate-start (the best kind of start to the day) with this recipe for Chocolate Waffles, which are made using BAKERS Choc-Kits® Classic Choc biscuits!
Makes 12 – 14 waffles.
1 x 200 g packet of BAKERS Choc-Kits® biscuits, any flavour
210 g cake flour
60 ml / 1/4 cup cocoa powder
10 ml / 2 tsp baking powder
30 ml / 2 Tbsp castor sugar
5 ml vanilla extract
2 large free-range eggs, separated
450 ml milk
125 ml sunflower oil
- Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine all the wet ingredients, except the egg whites, and lightly whisk.
- Grind up half the BAKERS Choc-Kits® biscuits to a thick crumb, and cut the other half into bigger pieces (about 10 pieces per biscuit). Add all the biscuits to the dry ingredients and briefly mix.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and lightly mix until you have a batter. Don’t worry, there will still be a few small lumps. Gently fold in the beaten egg whites until just combined. (Note: this mixture can be made in advance and stored in the fridge).
- Heat the waffle iron and grease or spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Cook the waffles until they’re done.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve with fresh cream and fresh fruit.
No translation available at the moment