NO-BAKE EASY MILK TART
If you love lemon, and your love Milk Tart, then this easy-to-make Bakers Tennis® Lemon Biscuits Milk Tart is set to tantalise your tastebuds!
200 g Bakers Tennis® Lemon Biscuits
100 g butter, melted
700 ml full cream milk
1 tin condensed milk
1 tablespoon butter
2 eggs, separated
50 g cornstarch
50 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
A pinch of salt
Cinnamon to decorate
- Break the Bakers Tennis® Lemon Flavoured biscuits into crumbs by hand or using a food processor and mix with the melted butter until well combined.
- Line the base of a large 30 cm pie dish with the biscuit crumbs and press to compact. Place in the fridge or freezer to set while you make the filling.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the milk, condensed milk and butter over a medium until boiling point (make sure you stir until the condensed milk is dissolved).
- While that is heating up, separate the eggs and whisk the eggs whites to soft peak in a bowl. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt.
- When the milk is at boiling point take it off the heat and allow it to cool for 3 minutes. Add the egg yolk mixture slowly while whisking vigorously all the time. Return the pot to a low heat and continue to whisk constantly until it thickens, about 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add the egg whites to the milk mixture and whisk for about 2 more minutes until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the lined pie dish and allow to cool to room temperature before putting it in the fridge to set completely.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.