EASY LEMON ICE CREAM CAKE
Bring together two dessert favourites: cake and ice cream, with this one out-of-this-world recipe! Using BAKERS Tennis® Lemon flavour biscuits, this Lemon Ice Cream Cake is super easy to make and delivers the tangy flavour of lemon, in a delightful dessert that can be enjoy by the whole family! Can you say “YUM”?
150 g Tennis® Lemon Flavour Biscuits
750 g butter, melted
500 ml whipping cream
2 tins Condensed Milk
Finely grated zest of one lemon
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- Break the Bakers Tennis® Lemon flavour biscuits into crumbs by hand or by using a food processor. Mix in the melted butter until well combined. Remove 2 tablespoons of the crumb mix and set aside.
- Line a 23cm spring-form cake tin with baking paper and cut the side pieces so they protrude above the tin. This will ensure that the mix has a larger space to fit. The paper forms a collar around the ice cream cake to contain it.
- Press the remainder of the crumb mix into the base of the cake tin to evenly cover the surface. Press down with the bottom of a glass to ensue that it is compacted.
- Whip the cream to soft peak stage using an electric beater. Add the condensed milk, lemon zest and lemon juice and beat until well combined.
- Decant this into the lined cake tin and sprinkle the 2 tablespoons of biscuit crumbs on the top as garnish. Freeze until solid.
- Remove from the freezer about 5 – 10 minutes be fore you want to serve so that it will be easier to cut.