GINGER NUT DUTCH BABY PANCAKE
Use BAKERS Ginger Nuts®, to make a tasty Dutch Baby Pancake that offers lighter eating this Festive Season, while offering a tasty and nutritious breakfast for the whole family!
Portion 1 large pancake, 6 – 8 slices
For the pancake:
1 x 200 g packet of BAKERS Ginger Nuts® , lightly crushed
1/2 cup cake flour
1/2 cup full cream milk
2 large eggs
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tbsp salted butter
Icing sugar, to dust
You will need a blender for this recipe.
For the peppermint butterscotch sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp peppermint essence
- Pre-heat oven to 200 oC
- For the pancake, place all your ingredients, except the crushed biscuits, into your blender and blend on high speed for 10 seconds. Scrape the batter from the sides of the blender and blend again for 10 seconds to make sure your batter is lump free.
- Stir through the crushed Bakers Ginger Nuts® biscuits. Place the batter in the fridge to rest for 20 minutes.
- Place an oven safe pan / dish into the preheated oven for 2 minutes, then take out of the oven and add your butter to the hot dish to melt, using a spoon to evenly coat the hot pan.
- Pour the pancake batter on top of the melted butter, swirling to coat the sides of the dish with the batter as well.
- Place the dish back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the pancake has puffed up and has turned a light golden brown on top. If some of your biscuits turn a darker shade of brown, you can just pick them out when the pancake is done if necessary.
- While the pancake is baking, prepare the peppermint butterscotch sauce: place the sugar and water in a pot over high heat and allow to dissolve and cook until the sugar syrup starts turning the slightest shade of caramel. At this point, add your butter to the syrup and gently swirl the pot to combine. Add the cream to the sauce and whisk all together over low heat to combine and dissolve any lumps. Lastly, add the peppermint essence.
- Serve the pancake while hot, dusted with icing sugar and accompanied by peppermint butterscotch sauce.