OOEY-GOOEY PEPPERMINT CRISP TART BARS
Take the firm favourite that is the Peppermint Crisp Tart and put a spin on it by serving it in bite-sized bars, wedged on top of a cake made with your favourite BAKERS Tennis® biscuits! Can you say “YUM”?
1 packet Tennis® Biscuits, roughly crushed. Reserve some crumbs to sprinkle on top of your bars.
1 can caramel treat
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 small slab dark chocolate, chopped
1 small peppermint crisp chocolate bar, chopped
- Line a square baking dish with greaseproof paper.
- Combine the tennis biscuits, caramel treat and coconut in a blender until fully incorporated.
- Pour your caramel cookie mixture into your lined baking dish and put it in the freezer to harden.
- Using a double boiler, melt your dark chocolate until smooth and silky.
- Remove your baking dish from the freezer and pour on your melted chocolate to form your second layer. Sprinkle on your chopped chocolate and remaining cookie crumbs.
- Put your layered mixture back into the freezer and allow to harden for 3-4 hours, before cutting into small cubes and serving. These will melt slightly once you’ve cut them, this is what you want for the ooey-gooey texture.