RASPBERRY JAM TARTS WITH CREAM CHEESE GLAZE
Here you really see why BAKERS Eet-Sum-Mor® biscuits have that name. Transformed in this way, they add an irresistible magical touch to these crispy, jammy delights.
1 x 200 g packet of BAKERS Eet-Sum-Mor® biscuits
150 g (355 ml) cake flour plus additional for shaping and rolling
2.5 ml salt
5 ml sugar
150 g chilled unsalted butter, cut into cubes
30 ml ice water
120 g (90 ml) raspberry jam
5 ml corn flour
1 egg, lightly beaten for egg wash
Cream cheese glaze
120 g full fat cream cheese at room temperature
100 g (125 ml) icing sugar
15 ml lemon juice
30 ml milk, plus more if needed
45 ml castor sugar
- Replace raspberry jam with apricot, peach or strawberry jam.
- Prepare the jam tarts and freeze completely on a baking tray, freeze in between sheets of cling wrap in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
- Defrost slightly on a greased baking tray when needed and bake.
- Pre-heat oven to 190˚C.
- Grease and line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- Place the BAKERS Eet-Sum-Mor® biscuits in a food processor and process until a fine powder.
- Sift this and the flour, salt and into a large bowl.
- Add the butter blocks, using a fork, incorporate the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add the water while mixing until clumps form, bring together to form a soft dough then separate into two balls.
- Flatten each ball into a disc and wrap with plastic then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove one of the discs and place on a lightly floured surface, roll into a rectangle 19 cm x 22.5 cm in size.
- Cut out 10 rectangles (9.5 cm x 4.5 cm) using a palette knife and place on two lined baking sheets (5 on each).
- Mix the jam and corn flour together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Spoon the raspberry jam down the centre of each tart, brush a little egg wash around the edges of each tart using a pastry brush.
- Roll the other pastry disc and cut another 10 equal rectangles to top the raspberry jam.
- Seal the edges of each tart by pressing lightly with your fingertips then with the prongs of a fork.
- Prick holes in the top of each tart, cover each tray with plastic and freeze for at least two hours.
- Remove the trays from the freezer, sprinkle the tarts generously with castor sugar and bake for 12-15 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the oven.
Cream cheese glaze
- Place the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well using a wooden spoon, add a little more milk if it is too stiff or a little icing sugar if it is too runny, cover with plastic and set aside.
- Once tarts are cool, drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the tarts.
Download Step by Step Instructions
No translation available at the moment