ZOOFARI PICNIC CUPS
Whip up a quick and quirky take-along pudding to satisfy the big appetites of your little ones with the help of BAKERS Boudoir® biscuits, BAKERS Zoofari® biscuits and a little imagination!
Portions – 6 pudding cups
1 x 200g packet of BAKERS Boudoir® biscuits, finely crushed
2 packets of BAKERS Zoofari® biscuits
6 x 300ml disposable cups
2 cups of full cream milk
2 cups of cream
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp cornflour (or more, if you prefer a thicker consistency)
10 – 15 drops blue gel food colouring
- Combine 1 cup of milk with the cream, half of the sugar and vanilla in a pot over medium heat on the stove, allowing the mixture to come to scalding point, but not boiling.
- Mix the reaming milk and sugar with the cornflour, whisking to combine into a smooth slurry.
- Add the butter to the hot milk mixture and stir to melt evenly.
- Add the cornflour slurry to the hot mixture and bring to a simmer, gently whisking throughout. Simmer for 6-8 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and add the food colouring, whisking again until you have achieved your desired depth of colour.
- Place the pudding mixture in the fridge to cool for 30 minutes.
- Once the pudding mixture has cooled, evenly distribute throughout your plastic cups or jars, and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of four hours.
- Prior to serving, remove from the fridge and layer the top of the pudding with the crushed BAKERS Boudoir® biscuits.
- Place your little BAKERS Zoofari® biscuits on the biscuit “sand” alongside a cocktail umbrella.
No translation available at the moment