Previously a medieval drink, the posset has made a comeback in culinary circles as a modern and easy-to-make dessert! Pair this pudding with a Tennis® Lemon biscuit base for a citrusy dessert with a marvellously plush texture that comes together as if by magic from nothing than a few quality, real ingredients!
100 g Tennis® Lemon Flavour Biscuits
50 g butter, melted
60 ml whipping or double cream150 g sugar
Juice of 2 – 3 lemons
Whipped cream and fresh raspberries to serve (optional)
- Break theTennis® Lemon Flavour biscuits into crumbs by hand or by using a food processor and mix in the melted butter until well combined.
- Divide these amongst 6 medium sized ramekins or small glass containers and lightly press the crumbs down to compact. Place this in the freezer to firm up (if the containers are freezer-proof)
- Pour the cream into a small pot and add the sugar. Slowly bring this to the boil, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar. Once it comes to the boil, let the cream bubble for a further 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the juice of 2 lemons, stirring the mixture all the time. It should start to thicken instantly. Add a little more lemon juice if you think it needs it.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 5 minutes, and then pour into the chilled ramekins. Cover these with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Decorate and serve with a dollop or swirl of whipped cream.