PEPPERMINT CRISP TART
As one of the most iconic South African classics that’s well worth mastering, we present a recipe for a Peppermint Crisp Tart that’s made using Bakers Romany Creams®, as opposed to the traditional Tennis® Biscuits!
Makes one pudding, serves 8.
1 x 200 g Bakers Romany Creams® Choc Mint Biscuits
1 teaspoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon boiling water
2 tablespoons milk
1 x 385 g tin of caramel
1 cup / 250 ml of cream
1 small Peppermint Crisp bar, chopping into fine pieces
- To make the crumble base, bash up the biscuits by hand in an airtight bag using a rolling pin or pulse in a food processor to get s rough textured crumble.
- Mix the instant coffee with the water and dissolve. Add this to the biscuit crumbs, along with the 2 tablespoons of milk and mix.
- Lightly press this crumb mix across the bottom of a 23 cm round or square serving dish.
- Whip 180 ml of the cream to soft peaks. Add the caramel and whip until smooth. Spread this across the biscuit base. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight until set.
- When you are ready to serve, whip the remaining 70 ml cream to soft peaks and top.
- Decorate with the crushed Peppermint Crisp bar.